H. Parish used to be in what was the Wanera Building in 1908 and in April 1912 he purchased the building where Nagels’ Sunrise Bakery is situated from a Mrs Cocking. Her clearing sale was held on April 13, 1912. Parish continue to run her business but with the addition of the baker/confectioner part. He closed the Wanera Inn part down in 1912.
Christopher Joseph (Joe) Johnson purchased the site on June 1, 1920 from H Parish. Johnson died of a severe stroke on November 9, 1956. His shop was demolished, rebuilt and opened on August 1, 1962 by K & J Stoodley. Keith Stoodley had operated from where Miles’ Newsagency is now from 1956 – 1958 and then in 1958 he purchased Johnsons and he moved there.